Have you been trying to fix the overheating issue in your car lately? If you have been bothered by such conditions, you need to know a little more about your car AC. Your car seems to be your regular companion for every adventure. But this common overheating situation is making your active life quite hell, especially during those summer months!
And let’s accept how much you have been spending on those car professional services to get it fixed! These car ac services might be worth it only if you are quite sure about identifying the right problem. Therefore, this write-up focuses on highlighting the key aspects that might be the potential reasons for such conditions!
Keen to know more?
Find out the latent causes
Why does your car overheat while you keep the AC on
1. Loading Issues
One of the primary concerns that require your immediate attention is the AC compressor. In general, the compressor needs to function just like a regular engine. It needs to move the cylinders to condense the refrigerant. As a result of this, it might create a heavy load on the engine while you keep the AC on! And in case the compressor does not turn as well as it is supposed to with the load on the engine, it might blow off excessive heat.
There can be a possibility, where the compressor might add additional rotational load on the engine which leads to the overheating of the car engine.
2. Is It A Faulty Fan Or A Clogged Radiator?
While finding other reasons for car overheating while your AC is on, you might want to consider the fan or the radiator. A clogged radiator or a faulty fan seems to be one of the crucial reasons behind the frequent overheating problems.
A clogged radiator can compromise the entire cooling system of the car. And sometimes, it might also trigger some of the vital mechanical damage to the car. Sometimes the clogged radiator can also damage the fan and thereby prevent the easy flow of air. So, if you are driving slowly or even in a stationary position with the AC on along with the clogged radiator, there are good chances of overheating issues.
3. Is The Temperature Sensor Working Properly?
It might not be a regular concern for you, but temperature sensors can be a factor causing the overheating issues. The inaccurate dashboard readings can occur due to the faulty temperature sensor that can eventually increase the engine temperature. To avoid such conditions, make sure to keep a check on the thermostat regularly.
4. Vehicular Component Errors
Lastly, a common problem that requires a mention here is faulty car components. It might be the refrigerant or condenser or even the evaporator! If any of these fail to function properly, the pressure might get into the car AC thereby increasing the car temperature.
Quick Hacks To Control Car Overheating With The AC On
Well, you must be quite clear about the common factors that might increase the temperature in your car while you keep the AC on.
However, here are some quick fixes for controlling the overheating in your car for reference:
- Ensure to double-check AC refrigerant’s compatibility and change it as soon as possible if it fails to match your vehicle type. Make sure to invest in a mechanic only if you aren’t quite sure about the gear or its detailed information.
- Check the radiator cap and whether it is functioning properly. Clean off the debris and check the pressure using a radiator testing kit. It will help you to identify the presence of any coolant leak.
- Make sure to change the antifreeze once in two years. It prevents corrosion thereby increasing the car’s durability.
- Air can always get trapped within the coolant system. Flush the system and release the trapped air to maintain the appropriate car temperature.
- Check the radiator fluid levels, only after letting the engine cool down. Fix any kind of leaks and even replace the fluid in the radiator with coolant and distilled water in the ratio 1:1. Refrain from using tap water.
- Check your compressor clutch regularly.
Eliminate OverheatIng Issues
You might know that overlooking such heating issues can be quite dangerous for your vehicle and can cost you a massive amount of money. Therefore, it is profitable for you to identify these issues as soon as possible and get them fixed in a Car Ac service center nearby ensuring a professional approach.