What’s a bridal set? It’s a set consisting of an engagement ring and a matching wedding ring. The engagement ring is given during the proposal while the wedding ring is exchanged during a wedding ceremony. With the purchase of a bridal set, the groom would have to get his wedding band separately.
Purchasing a wedding set means that you have all three rings taken care of. This way, you’ll save money and time to take care of other matters concerning the wedding. It can be daunting having to buy wedding bands, engagement wedding ring settings, and other essentials. The other essentials include planning for the wedding ceremony and how to start a new life. Now, do you see how the simplicity of a bridal set is appealing? It’s better compared to separately buying an engagement ring and a wedding band.
Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Bridal Set
The possibility of making a misstep when buying a ring is mitigated when choosing a matching wedding and bridal set. But what mistakes can anyone possibly make?
- There’s a possibility of making a mismatched proportion. Remember that our eyes are drawn to what we like. At the moment, your mind might be on going big, which might be good for an engagement ring. But a wedding ring that’s bigger will look awkward. It can also be too heavy for her figure.
- Note that a big wedding band can cause the small diamond in the engagement ring to look much smaller.
- You can mismatch styles. Some people are better compared to others at separating different styles of jewelry and especially jewelry designers. But not everyone is a professional designer. Some successful style combinations could be accidental. But it’s much easier if you avoid guessing and go for a matching set from a jewelry store.
- You can mismatch metals. This is a big deal. That’s especially if the metals are of different strengths. Then the wedding ring could scratch the engagement ring or vice versa. Platinum, for instance, can easily scratch white gold.
- You must also know that a bright finish on one ring can make the finish on the other look dingy. You shouldn’t try to match the color of the two rings made in different metals either.
- You can mismatch shapes. Imagine choosing diamonds of a certain shape like marquise or teardrop. Then match them with a wedding ring that wasn’t made for it. The pointy end of the gemstone could interfere with how the wedding ring sits on her figure. The wedding ring may also cause wear on the diamond on the engagement ring. It may also break or chip it.
Traditions have changed and a lot of wedding rings are no longer plain metal. If you want diamonds in the wedding ring, a bridal set would be ideal. The diamonds in the bridal set can all be matched in color and the overall appearance. Moreover, any design on the wedding ring can be created to enhance the design of the proposal ring and fit against the central stone.
A lot of matching bridal sets feature overlapping designs. That’s the other way of highlighting the central diamond. The wedding ring is contoured to slide under the proposal ring and further steadying the ring on the figure.
You can buy a finished bridal set or wedding set from a jeweler. Alternatively, you can partly design it yourself. The proposal ring may be a semi-mount ready to be set with a loose diamond of your choice. This can be your way of adding creativity to the ring set. Considering that you’re buying two or three rings together, an all-inclusive price will save you money.
Guide to Purchasing the Perfect Wedding Set
Engagement rings reign supreme when it comes to jewelry. That’s because of their sparkly diamonds and other colorful gemstones. But we are not saying that you should forget about the wedding sets. Remember that it’s what will transform your relationship and your life. It’s a timely set of jewelry that symbolizes commitment. One that you’ll possibly wear for the rest of your life.
In the past, wedding sets were pretty simple and consisted of 14k yellow gold rings. If you wanted to be fancy, you’d have a pattern engraved on them. But nowadays, the options for wedding sets are limitless. So you should find ways of narrowing down your options and getting the perfect wedding set:
Establish Your Budget
Like everything else, the first step during wedding preparations is establishing your budget. Note that wedding sets are available at all price points. So you shouldn’t be afraid of telling the jeweler about what your budget is. Wedding sets and engagement sets are also available in a wide range of styles. From simple 14k yellow gold sets to the extravagant diamond eternity sets and other options that embrace popular gemstones.
It’s also important to note that buying wedding and engagement sets is a perfect idea. That’s especially if your budget is limited. Buying the rings separately can be costly and that’s not what you want. You’d like to spare some cash for other wedding essentials.
Start Shopping Early for the Bridal Set
Having to deal with floral arrangements, invitation cards, and the general wedding chaos, you can easily set aside shopping for bridal sets. Not to say that you must order your wedding rings soon after the engagement. You should, however, give yourself three months before the wedding.
This will ensure that you have time to research, shop around, and place your order. Based on your preferred jewelry store, you may need one more month to have an engraving done. That’s considering that some stores will have to send your rings across the country for engraving.
Final Take Away
Anyone who has planned a wedding before knows that it’s an exciting and hopeful time for romance and fun. But you can get caught up in the little details of the wedding bliss. That can cause you to forget about the perfect wedding ring to complete the bridal set in time.
We have explained here what you need to know about engagement and wedding bridal sets. How to choose a perfect bridal set and the mistakes to avoid. We know this will help you if you’re planning your wedding.
Read more interesting articles at hoverphenix