People who suffer from constant pain in the body, unusual bleeding, and easy bruising should confer with the best hematologist in Lahore. The specialist will conduct the tests to diagnose the disease and provide treatment accordingly. The treatment will help manage the symptoms without further complications.
Acute myeloid leukemia is a type of blood cancer; there is excessive production of white blood cells. People above sixty are at a higher risk of suffering from the condition. Individuals who exhibit the symptoms of acute myeloid leukemia should immediately seek medical attention to save their life. The treatment is proven effective in managing the symptoms and curing the disease.
Symptoms of Acute Myeloid Leukemia
The symptoms that a person with acute myeloid leukemia exhibits include:
- The patient suffers from constant high-grade temperature without the presence of bacterial or viral infection.
- The patient suffers from bone pain, which worsens and affects the ability to move.
- The patient experiences weakness and lethargy.
- The patient suffers from persistent episodes of shortness of breath.
- Individuals with leukemia are at a higher risk of contracting infections and suffering from complications.
- The patient can notice multiple bruises on their body.
- The patient can easily bleed out and cause other physical health complications.
Causes of Acute Myeloid Leukemia
The causes of acute myeloid leukemia are:
- The damage to the DNA causes the malfunction in the production of white blood cells.
- The bone marrow is responsible for producing the cells, which causes the excessive formation of myeloblasts.
- Individuals undergoing radiation therapy are at a higher risk of suffering from acute myeloid leukemia.
- People who are exposed to benzene are at a higher risk of suffering from blood cancer.
- Direct use of detergents and harsh chemicals on the skin can affect the body and cause acute myeloid leukemia.
Complications Associated with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
The complications associated with acute myeloid leukemia are:
- The patient can easily bleed out, which may cause death without immediate medical intervention.
- Women diagnosed with blood cancer are more likely to become infertile.
- The person remains inactive and anxious due to the pain and discomfort.
- The patients have weak immune systems; therefore, they are at a higher risk of suffering from other serious illnesses.
- The preventive measures that can help minimize the chances of leukemia are:
- Individuals must avoid using detergents and harsh chemicals without gloves and protective gear to avoid complications.
- The patients should not get exposed to radiation.
- Individuals in the habit of smoking must understand the impact of their acts on their physical and psychological health. Eradicating smoking from the lifestyle can enhance overall health and prevent one to suffer from acute myeloid leukemia.
Tests to Diagnose Acute Myeloid Leukemia
The tests that assist in diagnosing an individual with acute myeloid leukemia are:
- Blood Testing: The test helps detect the levels of WBC and RBC. An increase in white blood cells with a decrease in red blood cells is an indication of blood cancer.
- Lumbar Puncture: The spinal tap test help examine the spinal fluid. The test examines the leukemia cells to confirm the disease.
- Bone Marrow Test: The test helps confirm if the person has excessive production of WBCs.
Effective Treatment Options for Acute Myeloid Leukemia
The medications and procedures proven effective in treating acute myeloid leukemia are:
- Chemotherapy: The medication targets and kills the cancerous cells. It helps decrease the production of cancerous cells and enhance the overall health of the patient.
- Use of Anti-Cancer Drugs: The medication helps reduce the chances of reproduction of cancerous cells in the body.
- Cell Transplant: The procedure is commonly known as bone marrow transplant. The procedure replaces the unhealthy cells with the healthier ones.
Patients with acute myeloid leukemia should discuss their symptoms with a hematologist in Karachi. The specialist will provide guidance regarding the latest treatment options proven effective in smooth recovery without complications.