A carpet can instantly transform the look and feel of your living space. Carpets impart a touch of glamour and luxury while providing many functional benefits to your home. It will add character, warmth, and colour to your space and make it more beautiful. A carpet helps absorb sound and provides a non-slip surface.
Carpets Dubai are manufactured from high-quality fabric materials that provide them with longevity of around 10 to 15 years. It is necessary to choose the best carpet for your home to make it more alluring and appealing. Home carpets are styled in different ways to magnify the interior decor of your home. Hence, the interior decor of your home depends to a great extent on your carpet choice.
What are the Factors to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home?
Your carpet choice is not merely based on the colour scheme of your interior; some other factors like size, fabric material, affordability, and selection of space should also be considered. These factors contribute to glooming up your living space with carpets. Some of the important factors necessary for carpet selection are described below.
1. Select Carpet Size to Suit the Room Interior
The selection of your carpet size should accord with the space inside your place. If you choose a carpet that’s too big for your room space, it will make your room look small and stuffy. In contrast, a carpet that’s too small will impart a terrible impression and will not look good in your space. The following key points should always be considered while choosing the best carpet size.
- For a lounge, the carpet size should accommodate the furniture in such a way that the two front legs of the furniture are above the carpet on all sides.
- For a dining hall, it should cover at least two feet around the dining table to accommodate the chairs when they are pulled out.
- In a bedroom, half of the carpet should be under the bed from the footboard.
2. Selection of Carpet Material
The carpet material provides durability, strength, and longevity to the carpet. It does not matter what purpose you are choosing a carpet for, but the fabric or material used to make a carpet should be considered while selecting a carpet. Here are a few materials discussed below that are used to make carpets.
- Wool: Carpets made of wool are mostly used in colder climates. These carpets are durable and biodegradable and are the best choice for people living in colder climates.
- Silk: These carpets are comfortable and shiny. They are expensive but provide mould resistance and durability. These carpets can be the best option for your bedrooms.
- Cotton: Cotton is a soft material, and carpets made from it also possess such characteristics. These carpets have insulation properties and add warmth to your room in winter. They are less expensive compared to silk carpets.
- Jute: These carpets are friendly to the environment and biodegradable. These are often used for noise reduction in noisy places.
- Nylon: Nylon carpets outlast all other carpets on the market. It can withstand the wear and tear of daily foot traffic, and these carpets have a somewhat different appearance than other carpets.
3. Selection of Space to Place a Carpet
The carpet should be selected according to the space where you have to place it. It can be the living room, bedroom, dining room, kitchen, or any other space in your home. It is necessary because carpets are designed and shaped according to the room’s interior. A living room carpet will not look good in a bedroom and vice versa. Every room needs a carpet that is specific to the room’s design.
4. Choose Carpet Color to Best Suit the Color Scheme
The colour of the carpet you choose should fit best into the colour scheme of your room. You can choose to have matching or contrasting coloured carpets to fulfill your requirements for a room’s interior decor. There are a variety of colours available, ranging from beige and grey-coloured carpets to light neutral-coloured carpets. The carpets have different shades of the same colour to best fit your colour scheme.
5. Pick the Best Shaped Carpet
The carpets are usually available in standard rectangular shapes. However, there are squared, round, and oval-shaped carpets too. These shapes are helpful in decorating your room’s interior and defining the shape of your room. There is another type of carpet based on the shape called runners. These are long rectangular-shaped carpets, especially for hallways and long corridors.
To sum up the above-discussed points, we can mention that while choosing the best carpet for your living space, you should always consider the size, colour, fabric material, shape, and space for your carpet to fit in. These key factors prove beneficial in enhancing your interior decor with a carpet. Choose a carpet that suits your interests and also serves all functional and decorative purposes.Carpet