The State Nominee Program (PNP) is a program for employees that includes Having skills, education, and work experience to contribute to the economy of a particular state or territory. Each state has its own “stream” (immigration program for specific groups) and requirements.
1. Needs and goals of the program
For example, in a program stream, states and territories can have the following goals:
- Skilled worker
- Semi-skilled worker
You may need to apply via a paper-based process or an online process with express entry. As part of the procedure, you must pass a medical examination and receive a police check (certificate). You must undergo these checks regardless of where you choose to live in Canada.
2. Different types of processes
There are two different processes to apply for the PNP
Apply for a nomination to a state or territory as part of the Non-Express Entry stream. You must meet the eligibility requirements of the state that nominates you. Once recommended, submit a paper permanent residence application to Canadian Immigrants, Refugees, and Citizenship. You need to pass a medical examination and get a police check (certificate).
The processing time of the application is longer than the express entry.
Express entry procedure
There are two ways to apply for the online express entry process. They contact the state or territory and request a recommendation as part of the Express Entry Stream.
If the state or territory agrees to nominate you, create an express entry profile (or update the profile if you already have one) to indicate that you have been nominated. Also, create an Express Entry profile to display the states and territories of interest.
If your state or territory sends an “interest notice” to your account, please get in touch with relevant immigration agencies directly. They sign up for Express Entry Stream: If you are nominated, the state will provide you with them through your account, and you will accept them electronically.
In both cases, one must meet state or territory eligibility requirements. You must submit an Express Entry Profile to prove that you meet the minimum requirements for Express Entry. This includes the qualifications for the immigration program in it. If you are invited to apply, please submit an electronic application to IRCC.
3. Various PNP in Canada
Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)
- Ontario has one of Canada’s most diverse and dynamic state nominee programs. Skilled workers, graduates, and businessmen can plan immigration to Ontario.
British Columbia Nominee Program (BCNPP)
- British Columbia is a state nominee program that offers a wide range of streams and categories to workers, alumni, and entrepreneurs. This includes categories in line with Canada’s Federal Express Entry Immigration Selection System.
- Alberta, one of Canada’s most popular new immigrant destinations, offers PNP streams for express entry and non-priority candidates. Alberta’s Immigration Nominee Program welcomes workers, graduates, and entrepreneurs to the state.
Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program
- Located in Canada’s prairie, the state looks forward to welcoming express immigration candidates and workers in high-demand professions.
Nova Scotia Minnie Program
- With its many express entry-oriented streams and room for graduates and entrepreneurs, Nova Scotia is an increasingly popular destination for newcomers.
New Brunswick Nominee Program
- NBPNP includes popular streams linked to Express Entry and opportunities for hired workers and immigrant entrepreneurs.
Prince Edward Island Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- PEI PNP welcomes applications from Express Entry candidates, professionals, graduates, and corporate investors.
Newfoundland and Labrador Nominee Program (NLPNP)
- NLPNP covers Canadian immigration routes for Express Entry Candidates, Graduates, Workers, and Businessmen.
Northwest Territories (NTNP) Nominee Program
- If you have a job in the northern part of the Northwest Territories, NTNP may be the immigration route. Candidates for Express Entry have their own stream under NTNP.
Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
- The Yukon Territory is looking for Express Entry candidates and other workers and business people who want to contribute to life in the region.
4. Document requirements to prove the connection in the province
Applicants are only required to submit this document if they indicate that they have a Canada PR for their spouse;
- Both sides of the family’s Canadian nationality document and Canadian birth certificate and/or Residence permit
Similarly, authorities require applicants to provide proof that their family is currently in Canada. To do this, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Apartment rental
- Mortgage documents
- Utility charges.
It is worth noting that the documents must be up to date six months before the application is submitted. Similarly, the applicant must prove the relationship between the applicant or spouse or cohabiting partner and the family. Applicants need to submit the following documents;
- Birth certificate
- Official document nominating the applicant as a parent
- A copy of the back of a relative’s passport listing relatives’ parents
Having a Canada PR for spouse is one of the easiest ways to immigrate to Canada apart from participating in these immigration programs. Choose wisely!
Read More About Hover Phenix.