Paying your EB bill on time will help you avoid the hassles of getting your connection cut. If you pay your electricity bill amount after the given timeframe, you might also attract the penalty fees, which will considerably increase your power bill amount. Now the process of paying your electricity bill has become a lot easier when compared to the olden time. One can pay their electricity bill online from the comfort of their homes by using Paytm, Google Pay, Freecharge, MobiKwik, Bharat payment, and other similar apps. You also have the freedom to choose your preferred mode of payment at your ease.
However, the majority of consumers are unaware of the process of paying their electricity bill online. To help you gain more information on the same, here are the most important 5 steps involved in it! Keep reading to know more!
These are the 5 steps to pay the electricity bill online using Paytm:
- Select your electricity board from the drop-down menu of all the states.
- Select the state and pick the electricity board.
- Fill in the consumer number and enter the amount.
- Enter the promo codes if you have any to get cashback and other offers for paying your electricity bill online through Paytm.
- Choose your prefer payment method to pay the bill.
Follow These 5 steps to pay the electricity bill online using Google Pay:
- Open Google Pay using the PIN and go to bill payments and click on the electricity option
- Select the electricity board and link the account using the consumer number and account name.
- From the search results, click on the ‘make payment’ option.
- These options will be display – Pay a custom amount: Tap Make payment and enter the amount that you’d like to pay.
- Select the suitable option (Pay an available bill: on the bill, tap Pay Bill) and pay the bill.
These are the 5 steps to pay the electricity bill online using MobiKwik:
- Go to the ‘Recharge’ section on the MobiKwik app/ website and select ‘electricity’.
- Now select the respective operator from the dropdown.
- Type in the consumer number and click on ‘Go’.
- The bill will appear on the screen. Click on ‘Continue’.
- Click on ‘Make Payment’ and enter payment details to complete the payment of the electricity bill online.
you can use these 5 steps to pay the electricity bill online through Freecharge:
- Open Freecharge after that go to recharges and bill payments section.
- Click on the ‘electricity’ icon.
- Select the electricity provider, enter the customer ID/account ID.
- Now, click on continue, choose any prefer payment methods.
- Enter the payable amount then click on ‘Pay’ to complete the payment of the electricity bill online.
Benefits of paying Electricity Bill Online
There are many benefits of paying your electricity bill as it saves you a lot of time as well as effort. You can use an online bill payment service to schedule payment instructions to settle outstanding bills on a specific date, which eliminates errors and simplifies handling your finances. Mention below are some of the advantages you get for paying your electricity bill online.
- Easy and Simple: Having an automatic online bill pay account enables you to set up recurring monthly payments to be withdrawn from your bank account against your bills. It is a one-time process, and your bank takes over the following month. All of your account information is centralize in one place, so there is no question about late or miss bills.
- Safe and Money Saving: When you pay your electricity bill online on Bharat Payment, you don’t have to worry about exposing your personal information. It also helps protect your privacy as it eliminates potential risks associate with lost or stolen paperwork. No checks, stamps, or envelopes will have to be purchased. You can save on fuel, as well. By eliminating paper bills and checks, you reduce your impact on the environment as well.
- You get to stay organized: As a customer, you can choose when and how your bills are paid. You can change or even cancel the payment request until the payment is made.
Tired of using numerous apps to manage your billings and payments? Looking for the best portal where you can have unifiy access to manage all your billings, booking and recharge? Do not worry. We have got you covered! You can try out the Bharat Payment System offer by the Bajaj Finserv, which allows you to prudently manage all your utility bills. No matter whether you want to recharge your DTH, pay your electricity bill online, or book a gas refill, everything can be done using the BBPS portal. Check it out today!