According to SBA data, roughly one-third of businesses with employees fail within the first two years. While this article will not go into detail about the various reasons a business may fail, it will highlight one of the most important factors for business success: consistent lead generation.
You must learn how to get business leads if you want your venture to scale quickly and consistently turn a profit.
What Is Marketing Lead Generation?
In marketing, lead generation is the act of generating actionable customer interest in your company’s output. This usually entails a customer initiating a conversation or providing you with their contact information for further follow-up on your company’s products or services.
For example, a law firm may receive the following in order to generate business leads:
- A form submission from a potential client interested in their services.
- A potential client calls to schedule a consultation.
- A direct message on social media requesting their rates.
- An email from a prospective client requesting a consultation.
- As a result, part of generating new business leads is creating a marketing experience that encourages customers to interact with your company. If you’ve heard of demand generation and are wondering whether you actually need demand generation or lead generation, the answer is that you need both, and it’s not worth differentiating them at this point.
Lead generation strategies should always result in the exchange of contact or payment information, or in-person meetings.
5 Examples of Lead Generation
Having a business lead generation strategy in place will help you convert strangers into paying customers, whether you plan to buy leads or build your lead generation marketing plan.
With these 5 lead generation techniques, you can boost your revenue and grow your business today.
Take a look at the 5 ways to generate leads for your business before developing your strategy.
1. Direct Participation
In marketing, what is lead generation?
Directly engaging with a potential customer is an excellent way to generate new business if your company sells a high-value product or service that is billed on a monthly retainer. If your revenue model is based on low-value, high-volume sales, you should avoid this option.
After determining that a prospect is a good fit for your company, you can contact them directly via social media, email, phone, or even in person.
For example, if you own a lawn care business in Houston and a large commercial property is being built nearby, contact the property manager to inquire about servicing the completed estate. This is an excellent example of lead generation in Houston or any other area that your local business may serve.
2. Use LinkedIn to generate leads
Did you know that the average LinkedIn audience has twice the purchasing power of the average web audience? LinkedIn B2B marketing is especially effective and can produce very profitable results.
Connecting with relevant industry leaders is an excellent way to generate business opportunities. Potential connections seeking recommendations for a service you provide could become your next paying customer.
If you have the budget, you can also use social media to advertise on LinkedIn. You can even pay for lead generation ads that include forms directly within your ads. These advertisements make it simple for interested users to sign up for your products or services.
Connecting with members of your target audience, engaging with their posts, and messaging them directly to offer your product or service is another way to get business leads on LinkedIn. Take note that this strategy will only work if their profile and posts indicate that your services will assist in meeting one of their unmet needs. If this is not the case, your outreach may be interpreted as spam, undermining your credibility.
3. Advertisement and Retargeting
Houston lead generation marketing strategies
Advertising isn’t limited to social media! To market to search engine users, use targeted pay-per-click advertising on Google or Bing. This allows you to serve ads for searches that you already know are highly relevant to your company.
Assume you’re a BMW dealer in Houston looking to improve your car dealership marketing. You can create ads that target phrases like “best BMW dealer in Houston”. Or “new BMW in Houston,” and you can even use a geo-filter to target consumers in the Houston area.
On their first visit to your website, very few web visitors convert. When a user clicks on one of your PPC ads, you can use display retargeting to show visual advertisements for your products on other popular websites.
Digital advertising takes time to master. but it is one of the most effective ways to generate leads for your company.
4. Request referrals from existing customers.
Customer referrals are one of the most traditional lead generation marketing strategies available. If a current customer is pleased with your product or service, ask them to tell their friends who might benefit as well.
Customers may do this for free if the quality of your company’s offerings is high enough, or you could set up an incentive system. Give your customers, for example, a percentage off their next monthly retainer fee for each client they refer.
Customer referrals are an excellent way to increase leads for your company because they are profitable and your current customers do the majority of the work.
Read More: Places to visit in Cape town
5. Contribute to Guest Blogs
Writing guest blogs is an excellent way to increase referral business through content marketing while also improving your SEO.
“We saw a huge increase with 6 months of consistent guest posting and sites linking back to our website,” said Jacob, found of We make it happen, a computer repair company based in Cambridge.
Guest blogging offers the following marketing advantages:
- Establishes new industry connections
- Increases your SEO by acquiring relevant, industry-relevant backlinks.
- Referral traffic is generated from a relevant audience.
- Guest blogging for sites that are relevant to your industry but do not directly compete with you can help you generate leads for your business. For example, if you own a marketing firm, you can guest blog for local sign companies. You understand that the audience for sign makers is interested in marketing themselves, and your services serve as a supplement.
- Guest blogging for local influencers is consistent with best practises for local SEO. Writing a guest blog and obtaining backlinks from a popular podcaster in your area. For example, will help your site rank higher in that area.
- Make sure the site you’re guest blogging for is relevant to both your industry and location for best results.
We hope that your loved our article on lead generation. Do share your business tips with us.