Nowadays most gaming consoles allow you to connect to users all over the world through an internet connection. As long as you have one, you can play all your games with friends from all over the world. For this, though, you need a PSN subscription to partake in any multiplayer online games. Other than that, you can also download other games digitally. Your PlayStation also needs regular updates so that it stays updated.
Now if it’s a question of which internet connection to go for, there are hundreds of options for you. Our recommendation is to go with Xfinity internet services because it offers the fastest speeds for a cable internet connection and due to its wide availability, you will most probably find it in your locality. Also, there are multiple internet plans with different speeds and their accorded prices for you to choose from. If you are a heavy online player, then you definitely need to choose the fastest speeds. Dial the Xfinity phone number to learn more.
As soon as you have an internet connection, you can manually connect your PS to the home network connection. Keep in mind that you can either have a wired or wireless internet connection for your PlayStation.
How to Connect PS5 to the Internet
If you have a PS5, then you need to do the following for a wired internet connection;
- Go to Settings, then Network, then Settings, to Set Up Internet Connection and select Set Up Wired LAN.
- Selecting Connect will lead you to on-screen prompts, where the standard settings will be automatically selected.
- If you want to make an adjustment to your settings, select Advanced Settings, where you can manually set the settings such as IP address, DHCP hostname, DNS, MTU, and Proxy before your PS connects to your home network connection.
To connect your PS to the home network connection wirelessly, follow these steps;
- Go to Settings, then Network, and again Settings to get to Set Up Internet Connection.
- You will find a list of access points from which you can select the access point that you want to connect to.
- If the access point that you want to connect to doesn’t appear on the screen, you can click on Set Up Manually.
- In case you want to further adjust your setting, select the access point and choose Advanced Settings, where you will be able to change IP address, DHCP hostname, DNS, MTU, and Proxy.
- Your wireless home network connection may ask for a password to connect to the network. You can find the code to log in at the back of the router, by calling up the network administrator or your ISP.
To access PSN or PlayStation, sign in with your account details or just create a new account for PSN.
How to Connect PS4 to the Internet
If you want to connect your PS4 through a wired internet connection, then you need to do the following;
- Go to Settings, then Network, select Set Up Internet Connection, where you will select Use a LAN cable.
- Select Easy and then follow the on-screen prompts where the standard settings will be automatically selected.
- Or select Custom, if you want to make changes to the settings where you can manually set an IP address, DHCP hostname, DNS, MTU, and Proxy.
If the connection turns out successful, then you will receive a Test Internet Connection prompt.
If you are connecting your PS4 to a wireless network connection, then you need to;
- Go to Settings, then go to Network, and then Set Up Internet Connection and finally select Use Wi-Fi.
- Selecting Easy will find you access points that are appearing. From there you can select the access point that you want to connect to and then make adjustments to the settings.
- If you don’t find the network that you want to connect to, you can click on Set Up Manually to modify settings according to your preference.
- If you want to adjust settings, go to Use Wi-Fi –> Custom, from where you can manually enter an IP address, DHCP hostname, DNS, MTU, and Proxy.
- If your wireless network connection is password-protected, then it may as for a passcode that can be found on the back of the router, reaching out to the network administrator or ISP.
Your PSN sign-in might fail when testing the internet connection, Go to Settings –> PlayStation Network/Account Management –> Sign In to access the PlayStation Network.
Now that your PlayStation is connected to the internet, you can access your PlayStation Network, purchase other games, and connect with other players over the internet.